Phases of construction
Published on 4 March 2008
The major phases of construction:
- Construction of foundations, start of work on the abutments.
- Start of construction of the concrete piers (specific formwork equipment for a structure that rises on top of the existing sections).
- Start of construction of the first metal bridge members.
- Start of works on the toll barrier.
- End of the construction of the abutments.
- End of the construction of the seven concrete piers.
- Launching of the first metal span of the deck (from the abutments with temporary stay cables and temporary supports).
- End of placement of the deck with the construction of the cable guides and assembly of the permanent stay cables.
- Construction of the superstructures and bridge equipment (waterproofing, drainage devices, safety devices and windbreaks).
- End of construction of the toll barrier.
Opening of the viaduct.
Find out more :
- A brief history of the works (Format pdf - 112.9 kb - 04/03/2008)
- The right cranes for the job (Format pdf - 59.1 kb - 04/03/2008)
- Animation OTUA (Format swf - 156.8 kb - 05/03/2008)
This animation has been generously provided by the technical office for the use of steel (Office Technique pour l’Utilisation de l’Acier - OTUA).